NOV 9 2018
8 PM – MIDNIGHT
SEATTLE ART MUSEUM
SAM Remix returns for creative late-night performances, art making, live music, and tours produced by the region’s best artists and creatives. Celebrating 10 years and taking inspiration from the many exhibitions on view on at SAM, including Peacock in the Desert: The Royal Arts of Jodhpur, India, this edition of Remix engages with resilient cultures from around the world, the vibrant art that defines them, and the people whose stories enrich them.
How vibrant is Remix?
- Zakaria Ibrahimi curates a roster of performers and music in the South Hall
- Kick off the evening with a performance by Jhimiki & Maatal.
- DJ Essex spins in the Brotman Forum all night long
- Los Angeles choreographers and artists, WHYTEBERG, respond to paintings in Big Picture.
- Tasveer offers a playlist of experimental films by female identifying South Asian filmmakers.
- Interdisciplinary publishing studio, small press book shop, and gallery, Mount Analogue, creates a participatory experience.
- The Institute of Empathy invites Remix audiences to learn more about the wisdom and proverbs provided by The Empathics.
- Local artists Eve Sanford, Romson Bustillo, and many more lead art-making activities.
MY FAVORITE THINGS TOURS
My Favorite Things tours explore SAM’s collection and exhibitions with dynamic community creatives, including:
SAM acknowledges and expresses gratitude to the Coast Salish peoples on whose ancestral lands the museum resides.
Remix is an inclusive environment highlighting our region’s creative community amidst the artwork and exhibitions on view at the Seattle Art Museum and Olympic Sculpture Park. When you attend Remix you agree to
- Protect the art (a.k.a. No touching!)
- Support and encourage the artists
- Participate in as much as you feel comfortable
- Respect other visitors and program staff
- Appreciate, don’t appropriate, the diverse cultures of those in attendance and on view in SAM’s exhibitions
AIA,Arcade, Friends of Waterfront Seattle, Pride ASIA, PNB’s The Pointe, The World is Fun, Urban Artworks, Young Professionals International Network, Velocity Dance Center, One Vibe Africa, UW Alumni Association, Voices Rising, India Association of Western Washington, GSBA’S Young Professionals with Pride
Membership has its benefits. Visit any bar with your membership card or member Remix ticket and receive $1 off each transaction. Not a member? Show your Remix ticket for $10 off a new SAM membership. Offer good on Student- through Patron-level memberships. Present your Remix ticket at the Membership table located inside the 1st Avenue and Union Street entrance to join. Offer only available onsite during Remix.
Buy early online! There will be no tickets available onsite the day of the event.
Entrances are located on 1st Avenue at either University or Union Streets. Please have your ID and ticket (printed or on mobile) ready. Will Call is located at both entrances.
Remix is a 21+ event.
FOOD & DRINK
There are limited snacks available at the bars. Please plan to grab a meal before or after your visit.
TIP! Cash is king at the bar lines for a faster experience.
No food or drinks are allowed in the galleries.
Limited parking is available in the Russell Investments Garage. The automated ticket system operates 24 hours a day. No discounted parking. We encourage you to find alternative modes of transportation to SAM.
Coat check is limited and lines can be very long, so we encourage you to bring a limited number of items to the museum. Coat check is available in the lobby areas of both entrances.
TIP! University Street coat check is generally less crowded.